VIDEO RECORDING AUDITION, REGULATIONS, APPLICATION PROCEDURE, JURY RULES and GENERAL RULES
VIDEO RECORDING AUDITION
• Contestants will have to perform all three repertoires (as stated in the application form) for our recording purposes in one take only. Repeating or re-recording of performance is not permitted as mandated by the adjudicators
• Each contestant is given up to 10 minutes maximum warm up time prior commencement of the video recording.
• Parents/family members/teachers are not allowed entry during warming up and video recording.
• Video recording can only be done by our representative from Steinway, no other recording or devices are permitted.
• Contestants are advised to come dressed formally and appropriately for the video recording.
• The Steinway Malaysia Youth Piano Competition (SMYPC) is only opened to all Malaysian Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 17 and below.
• Participants are required to perform the exact same repertoire during final and further stages of the competition.
• Participants must perform from memory.
• Participants are allowed to change repertoire by submitting a request for repertoire change before 29 February 2020 with an administration fee of RM120 per change.
• Previous Grand Prize Winners of SMYPC are not eligible to participate.
• The participating pianist should be non professional, not playing for fees, signed to an agent or management.
• All decisions of the jury are final.
• STEP 1
Entry Fee is RM450. Registration closes 15 February 2020.
Payment through online transfer only.
*Entry Fee paid is not refundable.
• STEP 2
• Once payment made, please click HERE to fill in the online application & upload the Bank In Slip/Bank Giro Receipt.
• The Jury shall assess contestants' interpretative and pianistic skills, such as stylistic competency, accuracy, musicality, expressiveness and artistic aspects of the performance.
• Every member of the Jury will listen, assess all participants at each stage of the competition and take part in the Jury deliberations.
• The assessments of the Jury shall be confidential.
• All competitions are judged by the Jury Panel.
• The Jury Panel has the final decision and no correspondence will be entertained. All contestants shall have no right to appeal under any circumstances.
• Finalists are encouraged to be accompanied by an adult guardian for the duration of the competition. The guardian is fully responsible for the minor's safety during the competition and all related events.
• Official communications with applicants shall be corresponded via email. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide a valid email address and respond in a timely manner. In the event that the applicant does not have an email address, he/she shall be contacted by phone.
• The Organiser reserves the right to produce, broadcast, disseminate and publish the audio and video images taken at any time during the competition. No fee shall be payable. The copyrights for all the material created, produced or obtained during the competition shall be the property of the organizers.
• Any Audio/Video recording of the performances during the competition is strictly forbidden.
• Contestants are required to participate in all media events for the competition organized by the organizers without remuneration. Unjustified absence from attending these events shall result in withdrawal of prize or disqualification.
• Applicants are responsible for own valuables and belongings. The organizer shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen and damages during the competition.
• Contestants are required to:
- Bear their own transportation and accommodation fees during the semi-final and final.
- Show consideration to other participants, member of jury, hosts and organizers.
- Keep all food and beverages free from the competition venue.
- Abide by all rules and regulations.
• The organiser shall not be liable for any cancellation or alterations to the events due to force majeure circumstances and circumstances beyond control, and for any associated damages and losses.
• The organiser reserves the right to amend and determine the Terms and Conditions of the regulations.
• Steinway MYPC rules are published on the website: www.steinwaymypc.com/rules
• The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or transferred. No substitutions shall be allowed.
• Bentley Music Sdn Bhd, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other unintentional mistakes.
• The winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for obtaining a valid passport and/or other required travel documentation at their own expense. If the winner and his/her travel companion are unable to travel because they lack proper documentation, the prize will be forfeited without compensation, and a new draw may be held.
• The winner must be available to travel on the dates mentioned in the prize description. If the winner is unable to compete on the designated dates, the prize shall be forfeited without compensation.
• THE ORGANIZER RESERVES ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE ANY RULES & REGULATIONS WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE